Ramblings of a tired mom

Living on Guam has it's challenges. Add in 5 children, homeschooling and your own business and you'll find me rambling nonsense interspersed with some wisdom. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Still threatened

Well, as of 7:30 this morning we are still being threatened by the storm. I hate this uncertainty. Do we put the typhoon shutters up or not? Should we rush out to the store and stock up on candles, batteries, canned goods, water? Of course, living on Guam, I suppose we should always have this stuff together. My military friend, who just moved here, was talking about her "storm closet". I guess being in the military teaches you to be more prepared. We tend to just "wing" it as each storm approaches. Make our decisions, and hopefully find them to be the right ones.

It's not enough that I have a storm to worry about. My 4.5 yr old son woke up with a flu. So now there is hourly (and even minutely) rushes to the bathroom to deal with his sour stomach.

At least I have one happy camper this morning. Twenty month old Cassie is happily singing her "dip dip pickle pickle" song (at least that's what is sounds like to me) as she plays with some loose change and a roll-on soap body and bath paint bottle. It's amazing what children can find to amuse themselves with.

Well, coffee is calling me. I did manage to get a fairly decent night's sleep, despite being woken at the early hour of 7am. At least there were no mid-night awakenings. So off to get my coffee, assess my laundry pile and feed the cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home