Ramblings of a tired mom

Living on Guam has it's challenges. Add in 5 children, homeschooling and your own business and you'll find me rambling nonsense interspersed with some wisdom. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Sunny Skies

Well, Typhoon Chaba did more than just threaten us. The eye passed north of Guam between Tinian and Rota, two tiny islands in the Mariannas Islands. We had winds of between 50 and 80 miles an hour. Lost power for a day. No real damage, Thank God. I have heard that Rota, Tinian and Saipan sustained major damage, especially since the storm was upgraded to a Super Typhoon as it passed over, with winds up to 175 miles an hour and gusts clocking over 200 MPH.

I cleaned my children's room the day the storm was coming, a task I had been procrastinating on for several months. Finally we can see the floor and the kids have some place to go play besides my bed!

And speaking of children and their play. Eric and Cassie were incredibly cute last night. I wish I had batteries for my digital camera so that I could share the picture here. Better add that to my to-do list. Eric has been going through a "Mario" stage - from "supermariosunshineworld" a X-box video game. He is no longer "Eric" but insists on being called "Mario". I suppose that's better than "frog" or "buzz" or any of his other pseudo-names he's gone through in the last year. Four year olds have such an imagination. Anyway, he dressed himself in a white t-shirt and beige overall shorts and then dressed Cassie in a smiliar outfit (her overalls were maroon). Then he named her "Mario" as well and the two ran around the house until Midnight playing their "mario" game. Cassie was exceptionally cute as she attempted to copy everything her big brother did. At 21-months she is finally trying to talk and loves to copycat her idol, Eric.

This morning the skies are blue and sunny. We have a slight view out our back window over the valley thanks to the "defoilaging" the typhoon did for us. It looks like it will be another hot day on Guam. Better go do some laundry while the sun still shines.

But before I forget, Praise goes to our King - Jesus for saving our island from the storm.

Thank you Lord for once again hearing this sinner's prayer.


1 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Lou said…

    Hi, friend , I enjoyed reading your blog today. I am glad you were okay and the storm didn't get yah. I have been worried since I have not heard from you. Nice blog; I have a couple myself but never write in them. Saipan, is that the Island you suggested we go visit? Will I better get going, I am going to Kelowna couple of days.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home