Ramblings of a tired mom

Living on Guam has it's challenges. Add in 5 children, homeschooling and your own business and you'll find me rambling nonsense interspersed with some wisdom. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Brutal awakening

This morning I was brutally awakened by a charley horse in my left calf. This is always a sign that I need to take my calcium supplements. I don't like milk. In fact my mom tells me I quit drinking it when I was 9-months old. I can tolerate it on cereals and add chocolate to it...well who can resist anything chocolate? But in general I don't drink it very much. So supplements is the way to go for me. I really need to figure out a way to remember to take my vitamins. If I ever figure that out I'll let you know.

In the meantime....I wanted to share the "cream" story of dinner the other night. My husband, Les, used to be a logger in B.C., Canada in the cedar salvage industry. He described a "creamer" as someone who would cut up all the nicest pieces of wood and leave the rotten stuff for the next person. Since they were paid by "piece-work" this meant that the creamers usually made more money as they didn't waste time trimming rot off their shake blocks as they only picked the wood that was rot-free!

This explanation is necessary for you to understand what happened at dinner. My three youngest children - Stephanie, Eric and Cassie were eating stir fry. Eric liked the broccoli stalks so "creamed" them from his plate. Stephanie liked the tops of the broccoli so stole Eric's leftovers and "creamed" them. Cassie would eat whatever was tossed to her. And literally this is what happened. The three kids were leaning over each other's plates picking out what they liked best. Eric wanted the meat and "veggables" (translation = carrots). He dislikes anything "red" so the red peppers were given to Cassie who eagerly slurped them down. Stephanie picked out as much broccoli and cauliflower that she could find. Cassie got the leftovers. Between them all they managed to eat all their food, with only a few scraps leftover for the cats.

Another dinner in the Smith household.

Well, work calls me (and so does the coffee!)

Blog you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home